Therefore, I back to share five random things from my week by linking up with Doodle Bug Teaching for Five for Friday.
1. This week was spirit week at my school. On Wednesday we had Bring a Stuffed Animal to School Day. Here are the stuffed animals brought in by students.
All but 5 of my students brought in a stuffed animal. I lent out the rest. (I'm a bit of a collector.) The Cincinnati Bengal bear up front was my contribution. The students kept their friends with them all day, except for lunch and recess. There's nothing like a line of fifth graders walking down the hall with stuffed animals. I loved it.
One of my students wanted his animals to read for themselves.
2. Thursday was Wacky Tacky Day. Here is my outfit for the day.
3-5. We've been in test prep hell all week. (I obviously hate testing.) Therefore I try to do many activities yo break up the test prep.
3. We did a sort of gallery walk to work on math problems. Several problems were posted on the wall. The kids walked around the room and solved them.
It's funny how allowing them to wonder room makes solving math problems more fun.
4. I also pulled out the tangrams for the first time. They got a kick out of making the different shapes.
5. We made acrostic poems using our names to give test taking tips. They turned out really good.
I originally saw this idea here.
Well,those are some of the highlights from my week. I'm glad the weekend is here. Don't forget to stop by Doodle Bug Teaching to join in on the fun and share your five random things.
P.S. I just realized that this is my 50th post. I can't believe it's been that many.