Friday, April 5, 2013

Five for Friday



It's Friday again and I'm linking up with Doodle Bug's Teaching for Five for Friday again. Unfortunately, Friday means that Spring Break is over and I'll have to go back to work on Monday. Luckily, there are only 9 more weeks before summer vacation.

1. Spring Break
This was the first year in a while that I stayed at home for spring break. It was nice to spend the week relaxing. It was much needed. It was just what I needed. Now I'm ready to finish the year strong.

2. Friends
Two of my friends met for dinner on Tuesday night. Although we work at the same school, we rarely get the chance to spend time together outside of work and talk about things other than school. So it was nice to be able to spend some time together to catch up on our personal lives. We ended up staying for almost 4 hours.

3. Skeeball


I mentioned in a previous post that I played in a skeeball league. We had a free skee/registration event on Wednesday night. Our next season is starting in a few weeks, so we always hold free skee events leading up to the season. I have been playing for about six years which equals 16 seasons and I love it. It's very competitive so it allows me to compete while hanging out with great friends.


Every week the SkeeEO of the league creates Rolling Times covers. This one was created after our last free skee event. Rodric and I won the random draw tournament. Click here to read the entire article.

You can find out more information about the league at Skeenation.com. There are leagues all over the country.

4. Doctor's Office
I'm currently sitting in the lobby of a sports medicine doctor's office. Thankfully, I'm not the one who is hurt. My friend, Lindsay, injured her right leg playing soccer Tuesday night. This means that she is currently unable to drive, so I have been her taxi the last two days. I drove her to get an MRI yesterday. Last night she found out that she tore her ACL so we are back to doctor's today for her to get a knee brace. Luckily, she does not need surgery right away.

5. School Work
As of yet, I have not done any school work over spring break. I plan to do some tomorrow, but I must admit that it has been nice not to think about school all week.

Well, I hope everyone has had a great week. I have enjoyed my week extremely relaxing week. Don't forget to stop by Doodle Bug and link up.

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. A Skeeball league?? How awesome is that?! I love playing, but haven't heard of anything like that around here. That sounds like so much fun! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete